A Girl Scout Brownie discovers the world around her as she learns about herself, her family, and her friends. Girl Scout Brownies have a lot of fun together! You'll sing, sleep in tents, go on hikes, and tell stories around campfires under the stars. You may visit museums or zoos, meet people with interesting jobs, or exchange SWAPS with new friends.
As a Girl Scout Brownie, you can:
- Earn Journey awards, badges, and participation patches.
- Conduct service projects for the community.
- Participate in activities with your troop or individually, including the cookie program and fall product program.
- Earn the My Promise, My Faith award and other religious recognitions that help you strengthen the connection between your faith and Girl Scouts.
- Attend summer day camp or resident camp.
- Develop planning and cooperation skills.
- Plan day trips and overnights with the help of the other girls in your troop and adult volunteers.
- Learn more about your neighborhood, city, and state.
The Girl Scout Leadership Experience comes to life in these great new resources! In a Girl Scout Journey, awards
link experiences, discussions, and ideas that you'll explore with other
Girl Scout Brownies. Visit the Girl Scout GPS or check out What GS Brownies Do for more info! You have three exciting and fun Journeys to choose
What are the most important keys for a
Girl Scout to own? This Journey answers that question in a very special
way. Along the
Quest, you will meet three new friends and a bright and
shining elf—in a brand-new story to inspire your own Take
Action Project. You'll earn four Girl Scout leadership
as you enjoy
the Journey: the Discover, Connect, and Take Action keys and
the Brownie Quest award. Try two activities and peek at the Journey!
WOW! Wonders of Water
Enjoy some wonder-filled adventures with the Brownie friends
and Brownie Elf. As you dive in, you'll realize you can create a big
WOW as you try out new Ways of Working with a team. You'll learn about
the water cycle, make your own rainbows, and pledge to LOVE, SAVE, and
SHARE water. You'll earn four Girl Scout leadership awards as you enjoy
the Journey: the LOVE Water, SAVE Water, SHARE Water, and WOW! awards.
Try two activities and peek at the Journey!
A World of Girls
Stories are all around us – in
movies, in books, in television
shows, advertisements, on the news, and even on cereal
inspire. Stories motivate. Stories spark imagination and
help you learn about yourself and the world. With some help from Brownie
Elf, you'll look for clues to make the world a better place. You'll earn four Girl Scout leadership awards as you enjoy
the Journey: the Hear a Story, Change a Story, Tell a Story, and Better World for Girls! awards. Try two activities and peek at the Journey!
Everyone knows that Girl Scouts earn badges. But The Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting has more than just exciting, new badges for every age level. Check out the Badge Explorer for a peek at the new badges! Each guide contains:
- A colorful, easy-to-use
binder specifically designed for Girl Scout Brownies. The binder comes
chock full of information, activities, and colorful stickers.
- Legacy, Financial Literacy, and Cookie Business badge activities.
- A detailed diagram showing you where to place awards, badges, and pins with pride on your sash or vest.
- Ideas to help you tie your badge activities to Journeys.
- Vintage illustrations and quotes from Girl Scout history to help you feel connected to the proud traditions of the past.
- An awards log, so you can can
see every award available to you as a Girl Scout Brownie, as well as the
entire badge program at every grade level so you can see how your skills
will grow in Girl Scouting!
Plus, you can choose to add in a Skill Building Badge Set
to enhance your Journey. Each Skill Building Badge Set includes
activities to earn five brand new badges tailor-made to make your
Journey experience even better! The Badge Explorer will show you which badges you can add for even more adventure.
Parents and volunteers, check out this tip sheet!