A Girl Scout Junior participates in cool new experiences, like going to an overnight at a science museum, working on a farm, attending a baseball game, visiting a wildlife preserve, making a robot, or trying new sports like archery. You'll build confidence as you master new skills and take a more active leadership role within a troop or your community. You'll have fun with computers and technology, outdoor adventures, and badge earning projects.
As a Girl Scout Junior, you can:
- Earn Journey awards, badges, and participation patches.
- Use your leadership skills to earn the Girl Scout Bronze Award, the highest award a Girl Scout Junior can earn.
- Earn the My Promise, My Faith award and other religious recognitions that help you strengthen the connection between your faith and Girl Scouts.
- Develop your team-building skills.
- Participate in activities with your troop or individually, including the cookie program and fall product program.
- Attend summer day camp or resident camp.
- Expand on your personal interests.
- Apply leadership knowledge to make a difference in the community.
The Girl Scout Leadership Experience comes to life in these great new resources! In a Girl Scout Journey, awards
link experiences, discussions, and ideas that you'll explore with other
Girl Scout Juniors. Visit the Girl Scout GPS or check out What GS Juniors Do for more info! You have three exciting and fun Journeys to choose
|Agent of Change
Power. In this Journey, there’s a
whole spiral of it waiting for you. The journey is filled with
ceremonies and circles,
real-life heroines, and special new characters, including
fashion-savvy spider named Dez. Along the way, you will
learn how your own
power combines into team power and then moves out to become
power (kind of like how Dez weaves her web from the inside
out). The Journey’s centerpiece is a comic story of girl heroines who
you as you take action to improve your own community.
You'll earn three Girl Scout leadership awards
as you enjoy
the Journey: the Power of One, Power of Team, and Power of
Community awards. Try two activities and peek at the Journey!
In this Journey, you'll build your skills as a leader who
energizes, investigates, and innovates. There's a new comic story to
inspire your action and Dez is back to add some wit to your Journey as
she tries to figure out "life off the grid." From paper-making
experiments to making beads to forming a human perpetual motion machine,
this Journey is packed with energizing stuff to make and do!
You'll earn three Girl Scout leadership awards as you enjoy
the Energize, Investigate, and Innovate awards. Try two activities and peek at the Journey!
In this Journey, you will learn just
how many roles are open to you in the world and the possibilities those
roles open for you. Whether you want to fly a plane, lead a rock band,
or win a gold medal, aMUSE
helps you take center stage and try out more roles than you ever thought possible, with a little help from Dez. .As
you find out there is more to your story, you may feel stronger, walk
taller, and gain confidence! You'll earn three Girl Scout leadership
awards as you enjoy the Journey: the Reach Out!, Speak Out! and Try Out!
awards. Try two activities and peek at the Journey!
Everyone knows that Girl Scouts earn badges. But The Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting has more than just exciting, new badges for every age level. Check out the Badge Explorer for a peek at the new badges! Each guide contains:
- A colorful, easy-to-use
binder specifically designed for Girl Scout Juniors. The binder comes
chock full of information, activities, and colorful stickers.
- Legacy, Financial Literacy, and Cookie Business badge activities.
- A detailed diagram showing you where to place awards, badges, and pins with pride on your sash or vest.
- Ideas to help you tie your badge activities to Journeys.
- Vintage illustrations and quotes from Girl Scout history to help you feel connected to the proud traditions of the past.
- An awards log, so you can can
see every award available to you as a Girl Scout Junior, as well as the
entire badge program at every grade level so you can see how your skills
will grow in Girl Scouting!
Plus, you can choose to add in a Skill Building Badge Set
to enhance your Journey. Each Skill Building Badge Set includes
activities to earn five brand new badges tailor-made to make your
Journey experience even better! The Badge Explorer will show you which badges you can add for even more adventure.
Parents and volunteers, check out this tip sheet!